'Oinez ikasi orduko, hegan egiten ahantzi' Anari

20101106

employee of the day


Employee of the Day is Santiago Sierra, for not accepting the National Art Award and its 30,000 euros given to him by the Spanish government and letting the Spanish Culture Minister, Angeles Gonzalez-Sinde, know so:

Dear Ms. Gonzalez-Sinde

I am grateful to the art professionals that remembered and evaluated me in the way they have done. However, in my opinion, the awards are given to who has done a service, such as an employee of the month.It is my wish to express at this time that art has given me a freedom that I am not prepared to resign from. Consequently, my common sense compels me to reject the award. This award manipulates the prestige of the winner
on behalf of the state . A state that cries out for
legitimation
while resigning on the mandate to work for the common good regardless of which party occupies power. A state participating in an insane war together with a criminal empire. A state that happily donates public money to the banks. A state committed to the dismantling of the welfare state for the benefit of international and local minorities.The state is not we all. The state is you and your friends. Therefore, don't count me among them, because I am a serious artist. No, sirs and madames, Global Tour.Health and freedom!

Santiago Sierra


No comments:

since2010/6tikから

Die in diesem Blog verlinkten und gezeigten Bilder und Videos von anderen Webseiten und Blogs gehören nicht mir. Ich übernehme für diese Inhalte keine Haftung, auch nicht, wenn der ursprüngliche Inhalt geändert worden ist. Alle Bilder und Videos werden nur zur Kommentierung benutzt und keinerlei für kommerzielle Zwecke verwendet. Sollte es Probleme geben, bitte ich Sie, mich zu kontaktieren. Davon ausgenommen sind meine selbstaufgenommenen Fotos, Videos und Ideen.

Creative Commons-en baimena
This lana is licensed under a Creative Commons Aitortu-EzKomertziala-PartekatuBerdin 3.0 Unported License.