'Oinez ikasi orduko, hegan egiten ahantzi' Anari

20080301

singapore song



The heat is a hit. I've done the usual, that is walk, walk and walk. In this place tho I've entered a couple of malls searching the aircon that would dry my sweating. I'm lucky I'm not the sweating type.

I also went to the contemporary art museum where I met a just married couple and part of their familiy who invited me to eat the remainings of the party. It was delicious. It wasn't spontaneous, of course, I asked wether I could eat 'cause I saw noone eating. 'Go ahead!' said the groom, and well, he hadn't got to say it twice. Rice, noodles, pork (yes, pork), veggies, cake and listen, chocolate fondue! Yum. Free meal too, always a good thing for a backpacker which I realized I am today after an old man's question. Are you a backpacker? I doubted but I said 'yes'. Because I am: I have a pack and I carry it on my back. He also told me to be careful with the indonesians after asking me where I was staying. There has to be some kind of clash with so different ancestries. Maybe it is the money, maybe without the money they wouldn't stand eachother in such a small place. Singapore keeps me thinking, really.

There's a mixture of britishness and USamericanness together with the local malay, chinese, indian, indonesian etre. Street signs fonts are those in Britain, they spell centre, not center and then there's the colonial arquitecture and old public art. But there are so many cars and it is so difficult to find a pedestrian pass... that seems US american to me. Very touristy too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicholas Vroman said...

Aupa! Love your little video, Mr. Backpacker!

forks said...

hey! doing good? I'm on Ko Tao now. Very touristy but beautiful. Looking fordward to reaching northern Thailand.

since2010/6tikから

Die in diesem Blog verlinkten und gezeigten Bilder und Videos von anderen Webseiten und Blogs gehören nicht mir. Ich übernehme für diese Inhalte keine Haftung, auch nicht, wenn der ursprüngliche Inhalt geändert worden ist. Alle Bilder und Videos werden nur zur Kommentierung benutzt und keinerlei für kommerzielle Zwecke verwendet. Sollte es Probleme geben, bitte ich Sie, mich zu kontaktieren. Davon ausgenommen sind meine selbstaufgenommenen Fotos, Videos und Ideen.

Creative Commons-en baimena
This lana is licensed under a Creative Commons Aitortu-EzKomertziala-PartekatuBerdin 3.0 Unported License.